Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision statement articulates where we want to be. Our mission statement sets out what we are going to do to get there. Our values set out the manner in which we will achieve our aims. Rather like a recipe for success, the vision determines what we are trying to make (the product), the mission is the recipe (method) and the values are like the ingredients.
Who we are:
We value well being, in terms of both happiness and health, building trusting relationships and working hard, together. We endeavour to build all these considerations in to everything we do. Further to this our vision, mission and shared common values shape and influence every aspect of our curriculum and provision.
Our vision: To enable all students to shine.
Our mission: We will be uncompromisingly focused on ensuring every individual is successful.
- Excellence – We will provide students with opportunities in which to excel, to empower them to make free choices as a foundation for the best possible future; with outcomes in line with or better than their peers nationally.
- Equality – We will provide high quality teaching and learning, delivering a broad, knowledge rich curriculum, where high aspirations are the norm and success is celebrated, to all students regardless of their background, ethnicity, religion, gender, educational need.
- Truth – We will pursue truth open mindedly, seeking to help students to enquire, question and challenge, helping them to be well-rounded, resilient, confident, independent learners with a love for learning.
- Respect – We will create a safe community that has at its core an understanding of deep respect for self, for others and for the environment; strong relationships are key.
Our values (have been cross-referenced with the four main strands of British Values as shown in the document attached below):
Key Principles of Our Curriculum Design:
- Everything we do and provide is of the highest quality and worth.
- There is opportunity for each student to achieve and succeed.
- Every outcome has a worth and is valued.
- Life chances are maximised as we strive to open doors for students’ futures.
- Raising student aspiration (fostering ambition and promoting scholars).
- Cultural capital.
What do our values look like in practice?
- Honesty (truth creates freedom).
- Autonomy (to achieve, create, explore and make informed decisions).
- Knowledge is power.
- Kindness and compassion.
- Inclusivity (barriers create conflict).
- Celebration of individuality.
- Respect for all.
- Purposefulness (ready to learn, ready for work, ready for life).
- Resilience, reflection, responsibility.
- Ambition to do one's best.
Everyone within our organisation has contributed to our vision, mission and value statement. We all understand and adhere to this, as they are the foundations of our institution and underpin everything we do.