RISE supporting aspirations
‘RISE’ is a wrap-around package of activities that support and stretch high achieving students on an advanced level study programme to fulfil their potential and be in a position to compete for places at respected universities. Students intending to apply for degree courses in Medicine, Veterinary Science or Law are strongly advised to sign up to ‘RISE’.
Students involved in ‘RISE’ receive individual help and advice in applying for complementary study experiences such as:
* Oxford University’s ‘UNIQ’ summer school or the Nuffield Science Research Scholarships.
* Tutoring to prepare them for university admissions tests such as UKCAT or ELAT.
* Small group seminars and one-to-one tutorials to extend thinking and learning.
* Early help and advice with UCAS applications.
* Work experience opportunities related to areas of interest.
* A dedicated member of staff who as the ‘RISE’ coordinator will oversee their progress and support them in achieving their goals.
Over the past couple of years we have had a number of students taking advantage of educational opportunities offered by organisations such as the Sutton Trust, Fulbright Commission and Oxford University. Kieran Till visited MIT in the USA this summer as part of the Sutton Trust/Fulbright Commission scheme to promote access to HE in the USA for UK students.