Former SDCC head of Geography Mustafa Shaikh would love your support in helping to raise some funds for the Plymouth Hospital Charity Keep Me Close charity. This is for families whose child is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Derriford. The unit helped his grandson, Freddie, who was born 15 weeks premature in 2019.
Mr Shaikh says: "The care of extremely premature and sick babies turns families' lives upside down. It is emotionally, physically and financially demanding, placing people under incredible pressure. That pressure increases when you cannot stay near your baby.
"Freddie is thriving but still requires support and monitoring, he will be four in December. Any donation or help and support would be appreciated."
He would also like to raise some funds for the Somerset Cricket Foundation, to purchase a portable defibrillator for its Community Engagement Programmes.
Online auctions items include:
1. Bristol Bears Rugby Umbro Huboo replica shirt signed by the squad
2. Jake Libby Worcestershire Castore Championship shirt signed by the squad
3. Calvin Harrison signed New Balance Manchester Original Hundred shirt
4. Calvin Harrison Adidas shirt signed by the Nottinghamshire squad
5. Ben Peverall signed ECB Vitality Blast Cup umpiring shirt
6. Tom Lammonby Kukri Trade Nation signed shirt
7. Ben Green Kukri Trade Nation signed shirt
8. Sean Dickson Kukri Trade Nation shirt signed by SCCC squad
9. Ben Green Kukri Trade Nation sleeveless top
10. John Barnes Liverpool FC legend 60cm x 40cm signed YNFA colour photograph
11. Tom Kohler-Cadmore White Kookaburra ball signed
12. Shoaib Bashir and Josh Davey White Kookaburra ball signed
13. Lewis Gregory signed Kukri WPA Championship long sleeve shirt
14. Jack Leach signed Kukri Trade nation sleeveless top
Please submit a bid for any of the item(s) via: email: email@example.com or WhatsApp 07383090144 or by returning the reply slip on the pdf below.
The auction will end on Sunday 10th December on Freddie’s fourth birthday weekend. Mr Shaikh will contact the highest bidder (subject to the reserve price being met) soon after regarding the payment process via Somerset Cricket Foundation bank transfer/card payment and agree postage/collection of the item(s).
If you don’t want to bid for an item but would like to make a donation instead to support the work of the two organisations please use the links below: