Head Teacher's Message 7th December 2020
The government released details last week regarding the summer exam season for our Year 11 and 13 students. This is in an attempt to address the loss of learning since March. It outlined some key changes, although the detail of which still needs to be worked out. In essence, they include:
- more generous grading than usual, in line with 2020.
- students receiving advance notice of some topic areas covered in GCSE, AS and A-levels, to help them focus their revision.
- exam aids – like formula sheets – provided in some exams to give students more confidence and reduce the amount of information they need to memorise.
- contingency exams – held shortly after the main exam series – so students can sit a paper if they miss all their assessments in a subject because of illness or self-isolation.
The new measures complement the existing changes for next summer which include:
- reduced content in many subjects.
- a delay to the start of exams and changes to the timetable.
As always, I will keep you updated with information as I receive it.
Mrs J Veal