South Dartmoor Community College is the hub site of South Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust.
The Academy Trust consists of 5 primary schools:- Ashburton Primary School, Buckfastleigh Primary School, Ilsington Church of England Primary School, Widecombe-in-the-Moor Primary School and Moretonhampstead Primary School and the Atrium Studio School along with South Dartmoor Community College.
Each School retains local governance, with the Academy being governed by a board of directors that includes representation from the all entities within it.
Our Core Principles
- Early Intervention – to use academy resources to target vulnerable and underachieving children and their families.
- 4-19 Curriculum – to develop a 4-19 curriculum that meets the needs of all our pupils and ensures a consistency of language and approach towards learning from all staff.
- Back office – to work towards reducing costs and improving services by pooling resources and skills across the Academy.
- Partnership/Extended Schools – to provide all pupils within the academy equal access to the benefits of an excellent and broad based education
Please see a range of literature about our academy below:
- South Dartmoor Academy Directors' Report: February 2016
- Academy Pupil Premium Report; January 2016
- South Dartmoor Academy Directors' Report; March 2013
- South Dartmoor Academy Directors' Report; November 2012
- Related Parties Information
- Academy Management Structure
- Academy Governance Structure
- Academy Governance Scheme of Delegation
Directors Meeting Minutes